Child and youth mental health
Please navigate with the table of contents:
Individual and Family Therapy
Please see ***LINK TO COUNSELLING section*** for many more providers
Please visit your local Child and Youth Mental Health Teams for more information on local resources.
Local play therapy providers:
- Burnaby: http://www.healviaplay.ca/
- New Westminster: https://michellesrdanovic.com/
- Port Moody: https://devriescounsellinggroup.com/
- Richmond: https://www.cedarspringscounselling.com/
- Vancouver: Nava Rozen, 604-657-7076, Yew St @ 49th, firstname.lastname@example.org (play therapist, family work, couples, trauma)
SEE GENERAL COUNSELLING SECTION FOR MORE.
City University Counselling Clinic
Counselling for youth in anger management, mental health, and gender issues. Individual, couple and family counselling by interns currently completing their Master’s of Counselling degree. Free.
Incredible Years Programs (up to age 8)
Triple P Positive Parent Group (up to age 13)
Confident Parent: Thriving kids
Evidence-based program. Support available from CMHA by telephone to families via physician referral for children with mild to moderate ODD symptoms.
Support for people in parenting roles across BC. Support Circles run in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Filipino & Korean, and include Circles for: grandparents raising their grandchildren and other kinship caregivers; parents of children on the autism spectrum, Indigenous communities; parents of children who are trans or gender creative; and more.